15 January 2011

More on cover versions (including Andy Bell and Steve Harley) ...

I was going to post about Steve Harley and the fact that his 1975 Cockney Rebel song 'Come up and see me (make me smile)' is my favourite of all time, but my mind wandered back to a posting about cover versions and I found this one on YouTube which apart from the instrumental dancy bit in the middle is actually quite good - almost exclusively as a result of Andy Bell's wonderful voice:

Not a bad effort


But this is the version I want at my funeral
(I particularly like the obscure Dutch TV version - edit sadly deleted by the commissars at Youtube - so I've replaced with the TOTP's version).

Oh - and there used to be a rumour that Steve Harley was a member of the Liberal Party in the 1970s/early 80s.

No comments:

Post a Comment